Be a BIG hero to a tiny soul: Foster a Best Friends pet today.
Los Angeles, we need your help right now. If you love pets but aren't ready to adopt, opening your home as a foster is a great way to help out. We've tailored our foster program to make it as easy as possible, give you the support you need, and work with you to find the best match possible for your home and lifestyle.
How to get started:
- Complete online volunteer profile at volunteers.bestfriends.org
- Watch kitten foster orientation video and complete questionnaire. The link for the questionnaire will be automatically emailed to you after your volunteer profile is complete.
- Sign up for a foster pick-up appointment at one of our two adoption centers: Mission Hills or NKLA in West LA
Here’s how it works:
- You provide: a temporary place to crash
- You receive: food and supplies, veterinary care, any support and guidance you need*
- You provide: water, exercise, and love
- You receive: endless love from your foster pet, and the satisfaction of helping an animal in need
*We'll also provide all food and supplies while the pet is under your care (unless of course you’d like to provide for them on your own). We provide for all veterinary care at the Mission Hills Pet Adoption & Spay/Neuter Center (15321 Brand Boulevard). We’ll also give you tools to help find their forever home.
- Willing to sign a Foster Agreement
- If under the age of 18, you must have permission to foster from someone over 18 in your household as they will be the responsible party in our system. The responsible guardian will need to be the one who completes the volunteer profile and orientation video.
- Reliable transportation and access to a computer with the ability to schedule your foster animal for occasional appointments.
Need more info? Read our Foster FAQs.
Send us your questions at fosterLA@bestfriends.org