Flowers. Candy. Declarations of love. For those happily coupled, Valentine’s Day can be one of the best times of the year. For some of the 102 million singles in America, according to Census.gov, the holiday can be awful.
With millions of people looking for love online, Best Friends Animal Society asks the question: Why limit the search to the two-legged?
“Pets provide a lot of joy, comfort and companionship, which can be hard to find in a city as busy as Los Angeles,” said Marc Peralta, executive director of Best Friends Animal Society – Los Angeles. “But right now, at this very moment, we have hundreds of dogs and cats that would love to be your one and only.”
To promote prospective people and pet matches, Best Friends Animal Society – Los Angeles is hosting “The One” promotion, with $25 adoptions on all pets at the Best Friends Pet Adoption Center in Mission Hills and select pets at its NKLA Pet Adoption Center in Los Angeles. (Additionally, the Mission Hills Center will offer $10 adoptions February 13-16).
“All our dogs and cats are spayed or neutered, micro-chipped, vaccinated and ready to go home with you now,” Peralta said. “Our centers are open daily from noon to 8 p.m. and you can preview adoptable pets at http://la.bestfriends.org anytime.”
Still not sure about a four-legged Valentine? Best Friends Animal Society offer 14 compelling reasons why a pet might just be “The One” for you:
- Pets won’t play hard to get.
- Pets won’t break up with you on Twitter.
- Pets aren’t aspiring to be a model/actor/singer/whatever – they only want to star in your life.
- Pets will never take that last micro-brew.
- Pets don’t care what kind of car you drive.
- Pets love binge watching “Orange is the New Black” as much as you do.
- Pets have no desire to trade you in for a newer model.
- Pets couldn’t care less about your hair or what you wear.
- Pets love it when you leave your clothes on the floor (instant nap spot!).
- Pets won’t look at their smartphone when you are trying to have a conversation.
- Pets are cheap dates – no fancy dinners or expensive jewelry required.
- Pets drooling and snoring are pretty cute. Humans, not so much.
- Pets will snuggle whenever you want.
- Pets think every day is Valentine’s Day – just one more chance to show you unconditional love!
“If you’re one of the many Angelenos searching for a soul mate, we encourage you to come to our adoption centers this February, as he or she just may have four legs,” Peralta said. “Adopting a pet can make this your most special Valentine’s Day ever.”
About Best Friends Animal Society
Best Friends Animal Society is a national animal welfare organization focused on ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters. An authority and leader in the no-kill movement, Best Friends runs the nation's largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals, as well as lifesaving programs in partnership with rescue groups and shelters across the country. In Los Angeles, Best Friends leads the No-Kill Los Angeles (NKLA) Coalition, which is focused on ending the killing of dogs and cats in L.A. city shelters by 2017. Its Mission Hills center features more than 400 adoptables and also offers low cost spay/neuter services to the general public. Since its founding in 1984, Best Friends has helped reduce the number of animals killed in shelters nationwide from 17 million per year to about 4 million. Best Friends has the knowledge, technical expertise and on-the-ground network to end the killing and Save Them All®.
To like Best Friends Animal Society on Facebook go to: https://www.facebook.com/bestfriendsanimalsociety
Follow Best Friends - Los Angeles on Twitter go to: https://twitter.com/BFAS_LA