"My Dog Has C.L.A.S.S."
Canine Life and Social Skills (C.L.A.S.S.) is an educational program to promote training focused on the use of positive reinforcement and to strengthen relationships, both known and new, between humans and their canine companions.
C.L.A.S.S certifications are awarded to a dog at the Best Friends Los Angeles Pet Adoption Center when a dog and handler team (volunteer or staff) demonstrate reliable behavior/training in 9 different skill points including:
- Waiting at the door
- Coming when called and leashing up with manners
- Loose-leash walking with focus
- Meeting and appropriately greeting a stranger
- "Leave it", "wait" and "stay" cues
- Object removal or "trade"
- Crate training
- Teaching to stay or go to "place"
Meet the C.L.A.S.S. graduates!
Visit our center and look for this special tag on their kennels and be sure to congratulate the grads for their hard work: