Adopt a Pet
Just because a pet ends up in a shelter doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. They are just in need of a second chance. That's where you come in:
When you adopt a pet from Best Friends, you save lives. For every dog or cat adopted, we can bring in another, saving even more lives. Plus, no matter what type of dog or cat you’re looking for, you’re sure to find your new best friend. All of the pets in our care are from any of the six city shelters as we work collaboratively with Los Angeles Animal Services to make Los Angeles a no-kill city by 2025.
Adoption Process and Requirements
So, you're ready to adopt your new best friend. Great! Here are a few important things to know about our adoption process:
- No appointment needed! Stop by either the Best Friends Lifesaving Center in Mission Hills or the NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West LA during open hours (12-8 p.m.daily). Our adoption specialists are always more than happy to help you find your new best friend.
- All adopters must be 18 years of age or older and must present valid/current government-issued identification at the time of adoption.
- Prior to adopting a dog or cat from Best Friends, adopters will need the knowledge and consent of their landlord.
- Before visiting either the Best Friends Lifesaving Center or NKLA Pet Adoption Center, save time and complete our adoption survey so when you visit our center the adoption process is already underway! CAT ADOPTION SURVEY | DOG ADOPTION SURVEY
- Most importantly, all adopters must be willing and able to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for their new pet.
- Note: For long distance adoptions, adopter must visit the pet in person at our center and coordinate pet's transporation at their own cost.
Find a Pet
Now the fun part: Find your new best friend!
IMPORTANT: Check the "Location" to see whether he or she is at Best Friends Lifesaving Center in Mission Hills or at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West LA. Prices and specials might be different at the two locations.
Before going to a new home, each pet is vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and microchipped.
Dogs 6 months and younger: $150
Dogs older than 6 months: $100
*A $20 dog license fee applies in the city of Los Angeles.
Cats and kittens: $25
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adopt one to help Save Them All!