We are currently undergoing software updates for both our Best Friends LA & NKLA sites.
Information on the sites will likely not be current.
Before visiting, to verify animal availability, please call our centers at:
Mission Hills (818) 643-3989
NKLA (424) 208-8840
Thank you in advance for your patience.
Save a life: Adopt a pet
By choosing to adopt a pet from a shelter, you are saving a life. Plus, no matter what type of dog or cat you’re looking for, you’re sure to find your new best friend at a shelter, where there are wonderful pets of every breed, size and age. You can also adopt from the Best Friends Pet Adoption and Spay/Neuter Center in Mission Hills or our NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West L.A. Each pet at the center comes from a Los Angeles shelter or our Kitten Nursery and is vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and microchipped before going to a new home.
Find a Pet
Use the search below to find adoptable pets from us and our rescue partners. For more information about adoption or a particular pet, please contact us at email@example.com. These pets can all be found at one of two Best Friends locations in Los Angeles.
IMPORTANT: When you find your favorite, please check the "Location" to see whether he or she is at Best Friends Pet Adoption Center in Mission Hills or at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West LA. And remember, prices and specials might be different at the two locations.
Adopt one to help Save Them All!
|Dogs: $100||Cats: $50||5 for 55 Discount|
|Two-for-one dog adoptions: $100||Two-for-one cat adoptions: $50||
$5 for all pets 5 and older to adopters 55 and older
LA city pet license: $20
Check out our monthly adoption specials!
Gift certificates available.
Please keep in mind, to be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care of the animal
Save time! Fill out a pet adoption survey:
If you've found the pet you want at either pet center, you can print and fill out an adoption survey below. Then bring it with you when you come in to meet your potential new pet, so your adoption process will already be underway!
If you are considering a new pet, adopting makes sense for many reasons:
- You will save a life.
- If you adopt an adult pet, there's a possibility you can avoid some of the hassles related to house-training and teething, which are associated with puppies and kittens. Of course, if you prefer a puppy or kitten, rescue groups and shelters have plenty of those available as well.
- You'll save money because adoption costs less than buying an animal from a pet shop or breeder.
- Perfectly "perfect" animals of all breeds, shapes, ages and sizes are available at shelters and rescue groups. Just because an animal ends up there doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. They are just in need of a second chance.
- You just might meet your best friend.
Each year, millions of dogs and cats are killed in our nation's shelters. But it doesn't have to be that way. An estimated 17 million people will add a new pet to their families this year. If more of them would choose to adopt a pet, instead of buying one, we could reduce the number of animals killed in shelters significantly.